At Sunny Care Services, we are passionate about working with families who have lost a loved one or who are preparing for a loss, but we know that within that work can come to a lot of questions about what we can do for you, how we can serve you, and how much all of this will cost. We want to provide answers so you can make the best decision for you and your family.
This week we kick off the series of our most frequently asked questions, starting with questions around “Do we do that?”.
- How soon after a loss do you start working with families? We typically start working you and your family a few weeks after the loss of your loved one, however, we are happy to talk with you anywhere between the time of immediately losing a loved one up to years after losing a loved one. We want to provide answers and clarity to families experiencing a loss and are happy to provide guidance whenever a family needs it. Our After Loss Checklist is a great place to start if you haven’t checked it out already.
- Do I have to hire you? Can’t I do this work myself? Yes, of course, you can. The work of closing out a loved one’s life has historically fallen on the shoulders of family members and the executor of the estate. However, what I have learned in my own personal loss (and the reason why I started Sunny) is that the work of closing out a loved one’s life is tedious, time-consuming, and emotionally draining. In addition, you may spend a lot of time researching what you should be doing and how to complete each task. At Sunny Care Services, we know what needs to be done, what documentation and information are needed, and we can do it more efficiently because we have done this many times for our clients. We save you time and spare you the burden of tasks like arguing with Comcast on why you need to close out an account with them.
- Do you help plan funerals? We do not assist families with the planning of a funeral or any memorial services in addition to any time of death activity and management of a lost loved one’s remains. We do, however, have many resources we are happy to connect you with within the funeral home and cremation industry in Middle Tennessee.
- Do you do estate sales? We do not perform estate sales for our clients, but as part of our After Loss Support Package, we do source estate sale companies that fit your criteria and complete our own vetting process in order to match you with the estate sale company that best fits your needs. We also handle all communication and coordination with estate sale companies so that you don’t have to.
- Do you help people get their estate organized before a loss? We do help families get their estate documentation organized as part of our Organizing Your Estate package and are passionate about this work! Because the work of Sunny Care Services is focused on closing out a loved one’s life (which includes accounts, property, online profiles, etc), we believe we are uniquely aware of what obvious and obscure information and documentation you or a family member would need to share in the event that something were to happen to you or a family member.
Still didn’t cover your question? Please contact us and we would love to help clarify!