Hopefully, you’ve read a bit about “what” Sunny Care Services does, now we cover the “hows” of Sunny Care Services. Below we answer your most frequently asked questions around how we work for you and your family and how we can help you by taking on the burdensome tasks of closing out a loved one’s life.
- How are you able to make phone calls and close accounts for my lost loved one if you are not a family member or executor of the estate? When you choose for Sunny to complete the After Loss Plan for you, we ask that you sign an agreement that allows Sunny Care Services to act as a legal agent on behalf of you, the executor. Essentially this legal agency agreement allows Sunny to make phone calls, close accounts, coordinate resources on the executor’s behalf yet the executor still maintains the responsibility and control over what actions can be completed by Sunny. Sunny Care Services only takes action on tasks after receiving full approval from you and your family.
- Are you an attorney or financial advisor? We are not attorneys nor are we financial advisors, however, we partner with these resources, when needed, to ensure that every task that we complete for you is under their advisement. And if you do not have an estate attorney or financial advisor and your estate requires or would benefit from these resources, we are happy to connect you with our extensive network.
- What if I don’t want to share my loved one’s sensitive information with you? How do I know you won’t steal my lost loved one’s identity? Protecting your family’s private information is our utmost priority at Sunny Care Services and we delete any sensitive information relating to your family from our records once the work within your lost loved one’s estate is closed. That said, however, we do typically need to provide identifying information such as account names, death certificates, etc. to organizations in order to close out accounts and shut down services. We are happy to have further conversations with you about what work needs to be done to close out your loved one’s life and then determine the best way to access the information we need but in a way that makes you feel most comfortable.
- Do I need to live in Middle Tennessee to be able to hire Sunny Care Services? We do not need you or your family members to live in Middle Tennessee, however, to best serve your family it is ideal that your lost loved one lived in Middle Tennessee (or the surrounding areas) when he or she passed. This allows us to be able to search the house for important information that you may not be able to locate (i.e. account information, services that need to be canceled, etc) and meet resources at the home such as realtors, estate sale companies, and dumpster pick up. If you are not sure if we can service your loved one’s estate due to location, please contact us and we will be happy to let you know if we can help.
- How do I know when Sunny Care Services has worked on the estate for my lost loved one? We know that keeping open lines of communication is especially important when dealing with loss, and we want to make sure you and your family feel comfortable and confident in our work for your lost loved one’s estate. We provide weekly (and daily, when needed) status reports to you and your family members of tasks we are working on, tasks we have completed, and tasks we are having issues resolving and may require additional information from you. Our hope is that by providing this level of transparency, there is no miscommunication and misunderstanding in your family regarding what is being done to handle your lost loved one’s estate.
What questions do you have that we have still not covered? Please reach out and let us know!